Terms of Service
Effective Date: June 10, 2019
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS WEBSITE. These Terms and Conditions of Use are applicable to any and all access to and/or use of any SkinIO Website content, software, or applications provided by SkinIO (cumulatively “Service”).”
- Acceptance of Terms
- SkinIO is a licensed mark of SkinIO, LLC
- The Service Does Not Provide Medical Advice
- Minimum Age Required
- Notice Specific to Documents Available on This Service
- Notice Specific to Software Available on This Service
- Disclaimer of Liability and Indemnification
- User Submissions
- Communication With Healthcare Providers
- Searches and Links to Other Websites
- Notice and Takedown Procedures; Copyright Agent
- Changes and Updates
- Complete Agreement
Acceptance of Terms
The material contained on this website and through the Service is for informational purposes only and is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Reliance on any information provided by the Service or otherwise (agents, servants and employees), is solely at user’s risk.
By using this Service, you signify your agreement to these Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all of these terms and conditions, do not use this Service!
SkinIO may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at any time. Your continued use of the Service will mean you accept those changes.
SkinIO is a licensed mark of SkinIO, LLC
The Service Does Not Provide Medical Advice
The Service is not intended to, in any way, be a substitute for professional medical advice, medical treatment, or a means to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease or medical condition. The Service should be used only with the guidance and care of your health care provider.
You should always seek the advice of your health care provider on your medical conditions and general health. You may not use this Service to diagnose a health problem or disease, or as a means of determining the appropriate course of treatment.
You agree the only medical advice, medical treatment, diagnosis or treatment you will be receiving will be from your health care provider and not from SkinIO or its employees or agents. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on the SkinIO website or Service! Never attempt to self-diagnose a skin condition you observe based either on anything you have read on this Service or any assumptions or inferences you make as the result of any information you receive from any source including this Service. SkinIO does not provide emergency, medical, health services, medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately.
SkinIO does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions or other information that may be mentioned on this Service. Reliance on any information provided by SkinIO or its employees or agents is solely at your own risk.
Minimum Age Required
This Service is NOT intended for use by a Minor. You must be at least 18 years of age to use this Service.
SkinIO does not submit or process insurance paperwork or claims on behalf of its clients and does not guarantee that the fees we charge for the Service will be reimbursed by any insurance provider. Obtaining any reimbursement will be your sole responsibility; provided, however, that you agree that you will not seek reimbursement of the Services from any federal or state health care program or provider (e.g., Medicare, Medicaid, Tricare, etc.) in violation of applicable federal and state laws, rules, or regulations.
Notice Specific to Documents Available on This Service
Permission to use Content (the term “Content” includes but is not limited to white papers, press releases, datasheets, and FAQs) from the Service is granted provided that (1) use of Content is for informational and noncommercial use and will not be copied or posted on any network computer or broadcast in any media; (2) the following copyright notice appears “Copyright © 2019 SkinIO. All rights reserved,” and any other copyright or other proprietary notices contained in the Content; and (3) no modifications of any Content is made.
Use for any other purpose is expressly prohibited by law, and may result in severe civil and criminal penalties. Violators will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible. The Content is protected by copyright under both United States and foreign laws. Title to the Content remains with SkinIO or its licensees. Any use of the Content not expressly permitted by these Terms and Conditions is a violation thereof and may violate copyright, trademark and other laws. Content and features are subject to change or termination without notice at the editorial discretion of SkinIO, LLC. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved to SkinIO and its licensees.
Any special rules for the use of certain software and other items accessible on the Service may be included elsewhere within the Service and are incorporated into these Terms and Conditions by reference.
Notice Specific to Software Available on This Service
Any software that is made available to download from SkinIO (“Software”) is the copyrighted work of SkinIO and/or its suppliers. Use of the Software is governed by the terms of the Software License Agreement (“License Agreement”). You will not be able to install any Software that is accompanied by or includes a License Agreement, unless you first agree to the License Agreement terms.
The Software is made available for download solely for use by end users according to the License Agreement. Any reproduction or redistribution of the Software not in accordance with the License Agreement is expressly prohibited by law, and may result in severe civil and criminal penalties. Violators will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible.
Without limiting the foregoing, copying or reproduction of the Software to any other server or location for further reproduction or redistribution is expressly prohibited, unless such reproduction or redistribution is expressly permitted by the License Agreement accompanying such Software.
The Software is warranted, if at all, only according to the terms of the License Agreement. Except as warranted in the License Agreement, SkinIO hereby disclaims all warranties and conditions with regard to the Software, including all warranties and conditions of merchantability, whether express, implied or statutory, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement. For your convenience, SkinIO may make available as part of the Service or in its software products, tools and utilities for use and/or download. SkinIO does not make any assurances with regard to the accuracy of the results or output that derives from such use of any such tools and utilities. Please respect the intellectual property rights of others when using the tools and utilities made available on the Service or in SkinIO software products.
Disclaimer of Liability and Indemnification
SkinIO, its suppliers, its licensors, its agents, and its employees shall not be liable to any party for any claims for damages based on any cause of action whatsoever relating to use of this Service by any person or entity. SkinIO, its suppliers, its licensors, its agents and its employees shall not be liable to any party for the delivery of information if the party’s provided methods of communication, such as email address and phone number, are invalid or are not kept valid. When using the SkinIO Service, information will be transmitted over a medium that may be beyond the control and jurisdiction of SkinIO, its suppliers, its licensors, its agents and its employees.
SkinIO, its suppliers, its licensors, its agents, and its employees, to the fullest extent permitted by law, disclaim all warranties, either express or implied, statutory or otherwise, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, non-infringement of third parties’ rights, and fitness for particular purpose.
Without limiting the foregoing, SkinIO its suppliers, its licensors, its agents, and its employees make no representations or warranties about the following:
- SkinIO makes no representation regarding the accuracy or completeness of the content provided. The Service is provided “as is.” SkinIO makes no warranty or representation, either express or implied. SkinIO does not warrant the accuracy, reliability, completeness, timeliness, performance, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose of the Service or the content it contains or the method of delivery of that information to users. SkinIO may link to websites or services from other companies or offer you the ability to download software from other companies. SkinIO is not responsible for, and does not control, those websites, services, and software from other companies.
- SkinIO disclaims all responsibility for any loss, claim or damages of any kind resulting from, arising out of, or in any way related to (a) errors in or omissions from Service content, including technical inaccuracies and typographical errors, (b) any third party websites or content therein directly or indirectly accessed through hot links in any Service content, (c) the unavailability of the Service, or delay, failure interruption or corruption of any data transmitted in connection with the Service, (d) any use of the Service or any content contained therein, (e) any use of any equipment or software in connection with any website, or (f) any reliance on the information contained in the Service for any purpose, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
- In no event shall SkinIO, its suppliers, its licensors, its agents, and its employees, or any third parties mentioned on the website be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, exemplary, or consequential damages or loss of goodwill or business interruption in any way arising from or relating to this agreement or resulting from the use of or inability to use the Service or the performance or non-performance of any obligations under this Agreement, including the failure of essential purpose, even if SkinIO has been notified of the possibility or likelihood of such damages occurring. Some states do not allow the limitation or exclusion of implied warranties or liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.
Communication With Healthcare Providers
As a registered member of SkinIO, we offer messaging services and/or image notes designed to enable you to communicate with your designated healthcare providers and for your designated healthcare providers to communicate with you (each a “Communication Service” and collectively “Communication Services”). By engaging in Communication Services, you agree to use the Communication Services only to post, send and receive messages and material that are proper and, when applicable, related to the particular Communication Service. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree that when using the Communication Services, you will not:
- Use the Communication Services in connection with contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, junk email, spamming or any duplicative or unsolicited messages (commercial or otherwise).
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, obscene, indecent or unlawful topic, name, material or information.
- Upload, or otherwise make available, files that contain images, photographs, software or other material protected by intellectual property laws, including, by way of example, and not as limitation, copyright or trademark laws (or by rights of privacy or publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consent to do the same.
- Use any material or information, including images or photographs, which are made available through the Service in any manner that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other proprietary right of any party.
- Upload files that contain viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer or property of another.
- Advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services for any business purpose.
- Falsify or delete any copyright management information, such as author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded.
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Communication Services.
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including email addresses.
- Violate any applicable laws or regulations.
- Create a false identity for the purpose of misleading others.
You authorize the electronic transmission of personal identifying information and protected health information to and between you and your designated healthcare providers.
Risks of Communication Services. Communication Services are not always reliable, secure, or private. For example:
- E-mail can be hacked. (Unauthorized people can intercept it, alter it, or use it.)
- E-mail can be sent to the wrong person, lost, or subject to other sending errors.
- E-mail may come from someone other than the named sender.
- E-mail is easier to alter than handwritten, signed papers.
- Anyone with access to your SkinIO account will have access to all messages in that account.
- Anyone who gets or has access to an e-mail can read, forward, copy, delete, or change it.
- Any deleted e-mails can be recovered by the service provider.
- E-mail can contain viruses.
SkinIO has no obligation to monitor the Communication Services. However, SkinIO reserves the right to review materials posted to the Communication Services and to remove any materials in its sole discretion. SkinIO reserves the right to terminate your access to any or all of the Communication Services and SkinIO Service at any time, without notice, for any reason whatsoever.
SkinIO reserves the right at all times to disclose any information as SkinIO deems necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion.
Always use caution when giving out any personally identifiable information about yourself in any Communication Services. SkinIO does not control or endorse the content, messages or information found in any Communication Services and, therefore, SkinIO specifically disclaims any liability with regard to the Communication Services and any actions resulting from your participation in any Communication Services.
SkinIO is not responsible for late or otherwise delayed messages from your healthcare provider to you or you to your healthcare provider. Communication Services should never be the sole method of communication between you and your healthcare provider. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your healthcare provider or 911 immediately.
Searches and Links to Other Websites
SkinIO may provide links to third-party websites. SkinIO also may select certain websites as priority responses to search terms you enter. SkinIO does not recommend and does not endorse the content on any third-party websites. Further, SkinIO is not responsible for the content of linked third-party websites, framed websites within the SkinIO Service, or third-party websites provided as search results, and does not make any representations regarding their content or accuracy. Your use of third-party websites is at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites.
SkinIO is based in Chicago, Illinois, in the United States of America with its principal offices in Chicago, Illinois. SkinIO makes no claims that any Service within SkinIO and the Content are appropriate or may be downloaded outside of the United States. Access to the Content may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access SkinIO from outside the United States, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for compliance with the laws of your jurisdiction.
The following provisions survive the expiration or termination of this Agreement for any reason whatsoever: Liability and Indemnification, User Submissions (including images), Jurisdiction, and Complete Agreement.
You expressly agree that exclusive jurisdiction for any dispute with SkinIO, including disputes that in any way relate your use of the Service, resides in the courts of the State of Illinois, and you further agree and expressly consent to the exercise of personal jurisdiction in the courts of the State of Illinois in connection with any such dispute, including any claim involving SkinIO or its affiliates, subsidiaries, employees, contractors, officers, directors, telecommunication providers and content providers.
These Terms and Conditions are governed by the internal substantive laws of the State of Illinois, without respect to its conflict of laws principles. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions, which shall remain in full force and effect. No waiver of any of these Terms and Conditions shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or condition or any other term or condition.
Notice and Takedown Procedures; Copyright Agent
If you believe any materials accessible on or from this Service infringe your copyright, you may request removal of those materials (or access thereto) by contacting SkinIO’s copyright agent (identified below) and providing the following information:
- Identification of the copyrighted work that you believe to be infringed. Please describe the work, and where possible include a copy or the location (e.g., URL) of an authorized version of the work.
- Identification of the material that you believe to be infringing and its location. Please describe the material, and provide us with its URL or any other pertinent information that will allow us to locate the material.
- Your name, address, telephone number, and (if available) email address.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the complained of use of the materials is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information that you have supplied is accurate, and that “under penalty of perjury,” you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
- A signature or the electronic equivalent from the copyright holder or authorized representative.
SkinIO’s agent for copyright issues relating to this Service is as follows:
Attn: Office of Privacy
320 West Ohio Street, 3W
Chicago, IL 60654
In an effort to protect the rights of copyright owners, SkinIO maintains a policy for the termination, in appropriate circumstances, of subscribers and account holders of this Service who are repeat infringers. All inquiries not relevant to the above procedure will not receive a response.
Changes and Updates
We will occasionally update these Terms and Conditions of Use. At the beginning of this page, there is an “Effective Date”. If the “Effective Date” has changed since you last visited this Service, you are encouraged to review the policy in order to better understand the changes. Your continued use of this Service will mean you accept those changes.
Thank you for your cooperation. We hope you find our services helpful and convenient to use! Questions or comments regarding SkinIO , including any reports of non-functioning links, should be submitted using our Contact Us Form or via U.S. mail to:
Office of Privacy
320 West Ohio Street, 3W
Chicago, IL 60654